Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

So many problems with MK83

spawn026
Follower

So many problems with MK83

I purchased this system in June and for a little while, it was working fine. For the past month, that all went down hill. First thing that started to go wrong is I no longer see what is connected to which satellite. If I go to the app, I see x amount of devices, but if I go to the satellite, it says no devices connected. I've restarted, unplugged and even factory reset the system but no change.  Next thing that started to happen is my speed started to slow down for no reason. I have 1gig fiber and everything that matters is connected via ethernet. I have to constantly reboot the system to get my speeds back. The final nail in the coffin is one of my satellites is knocking out the internet. Both are connected via backhaul and for some reason, one satellite kills the internet connection. The light turns red on all three units and everything goes down. Once I unplug the satellite my internet is restored. It's so bad that I leave the thing unplugged which means I have a useless mesh system. 

I went to create a ticket, but Netgear has such a crappy warranty period that it's already expired. I now have a useless $300+ system that I can't even get replaced. Has anyone experienced these issues and if so, any luck finding a fix?

Message 1 of 2

Re: So many problems with MK83

@spawn026 wrote:

I went to create a ticket, but Netgear has such a crappy warranty period that it's already expired.

Free setup support lasts for 90 days, warranties are at least  a year.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7