Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid Amber Light

Kallippide
Guide

Solid Amber Light

Hi,

I am having difficulty with a solid amber light burning continuously on my router.

Yesterday I added a Sengled Hub to control my Smart bulbs. No problems with adding the hub. However, after a few minutes I got a solid amber light on my router. 

The Sengled hub cable is in port 1. The amber light is on the front of the router #1.

Everything else works correctly. (My modem is Arris by Xfinity.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Solid Amber Light

As per the fine documentation, p.14 Table 2. LED and button descriptions (Continued):

Ethernet ports 1–4

The LED color indicates the speed: white for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.
• Solid white or solid amber. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.
• Blinking white or blinking amber. Data is being transmitted over the port.
• Off. No powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

As per the fine documentation, p.14 Table 2. LED and button descriptions (Continued):

Ethernet ports 1–4

The LED color indicates the speed: white for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.
• Solid white or solid amber. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.

Message 2 of 6
myersw
Master

@schumaku wrote:

Ethernet ports 1–4

They probably went cheap on the Ethernet connection. My Netgear Arlo camera base is a 100Mbps connection and gives a orange light indicating 10/100. No more traffic then these will create to the Internet, a 10/100 Ethernet connection is fine. 

Message 3 of 6
Kallippide
Guide

Thank you so much for your help. I didn’t realize that the amber light was okay. The router is several years old and I couldn’t find the manual anywhere. Thanks for sending me the info.

Message 4 of 6
Kallippide
Guide

Thank you for your reply. I won’t worry anymore about the light being on!

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Great! Unfortunatley this amber LED is kind of an industry standard to indicate the lower negotiated link Speed (typically because the connected device/switch/cable does not allow more). And indeed it looks "worng" for many consumers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7