Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sporadic loss of internet connection with R7000P

Munchoba
Tutor

Sporadic loss of internet connection with R7000P

Hi,

For a few months now, my router loses it's lan and wifi connection. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. Firmware is up to date.

Any ideas?

thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Sporadic loss of internet connection with R7000P

Try putting your helix in router mode and the netgear in access point mode. 

to often I see "bridge" mode not function properly. 

Just make sure if you leave wifi enabled on the helix to have them on different channels to prevent interference. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Details help.

1. what actual firmware version are you on?
  2. what modem/gateway is it connected to?
  3. how frequently is it happening?
  4. does it happen to all devices? or specific to wireless devices?
  5. when it happens, does it say "connected, no internet" or what actually happens when you're having issues. 
Message 2 of 5
Munchoba
Tutor

Hi,

Thanks for your help:

1. what actual firmware version are you on? v1.3.2.134
  2. what modem/gateway is it connected to? Our local provider calls it Helix; I bridged it. From provider's site: Branded as “Helix,” the new tech includes the same wireless video set-top and DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi gateway used in the U.S. by Comcast X1 subscribers. According to Lightreading, Videotron is using gateway hardware manufactured by Technicolor using Broadcom chips.
  3. how frequently is it happening? once, twice a day.
  4. does it happen to all devices? or specific to wireless devices? All devices . I have 6 wired. TV is affected too.
  5. when it happens, does it say "connected, no internet" or what actually happens when you're having issues.  When it happens, I lose visibility to the Netgear device. I notice there are 3 orange or red lights on far left of Netegar router. Sometimes it'll come back after 5 minutes, other times I have to unplug the router for a reboot.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try putting your helix in router mode and the netgear in access point mode. 

to often I see "bridge" mode not function properly. 

Just make sure if you leave wifi enabled on the helix to have them on different channels to prevent interference. 

Message 4 of 5
Munchoba
Tutor

Thank you. I had bridged it and added the Nighthawk  as one of mu audio devices (a dac) was losinng connectivity with the Helix and the manufacturer suggested I do this.

I will un-bridge it and monitor.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7