Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tablet problem

DonnaLu-46
Aspirant

Tablet problem

I've had 2 Samsung Galaxy tablets, the A7 and A8 and both randomly drop connection. All other devices in home remain connected. Samsung suggests it might be a modem problem even though I told them all other devices remain connected. I don't know what else I can try as all there troubleshooting has given me no help. The tablet will show as 'connected without internet'. I don't even know what that means.  Any advice other than to throw these tablets in the garbage?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Tablet problem

Which router model?
Which firmware version (not "the latest")?
Have you done a factory reset?
What modem is in front of the router? is it a pure modem or a Gateway?
Message 2 of 6
DonnaLu-46
Aspirant

the modem  is nighthawk r6700 AC1750. I don't know anything about a router

I don't know what firmware is.

Factory reset of tablet, or router? Samsung suggested I factory reset the tablet which would wipe off everything I have.                               

I don't know the answer to the last question. All I have is the Netgear Nighthawk which I thought was a modem, I don't know what a router is or a gateway. 

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, I'm just not familiar with these bits of equipment. 

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

you should factory reset the R6700. There's a reset button at the back which you hold for 7-10 seconds. It will bring the router to its default settings, then you'll have to set it up from scratch.

A Modem is not a router, unless you have a Gateway modem (a device with 4 LAN ports at the back). If you have only one LAN port on the modem, then it's a true modem and where you connect the R6700 with a LAN cable to it.

Message 4 of 6
DonnaLu-46
Aspirant

I think the internet provider company set it up. Is it difficult? Anything a total amateur should know before I give it a shot? 

Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

A router factory reset brings it to its default settings (no, the firmware doesn't get downgraded, just the settings get wiped out). I don't know yoour setup to recommend a decent course of action. You didn't tell us if you have a modem or a gateway. If the latter, it can get a bit complicated both setting up the R6700 and double NAT - https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-double-NAT-and-why-is-it-bad
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7