Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address.

VinceCz
Aspirant

The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address.

Hi experts

Im facing this error message in the title of the post

My expectactions: I want same IP mask before and after the router (Nighthawk R7000). In fact I have a ZTE modem which is connected to a hub, this hub goes to wired network in each room, including the R7000 + some others devices, printer, mycloud, tv, DNLA. I am facing lot of device sharing issues (one laptop does not see the printer, DLNA does not find mycloud, the tv cannot work with internet) and I am wondering if it is not due to the fact I have 2 IP mask: all devices which are connected directly (wired) to the ZTE is in 10.0.0.xxx , and all which is in WIFI is in 192.168.1.xxx. Hence trying to have all in 10.0.0.xxx even wifi devices, but not able to do the change. Also so far I didn't do any tricky change - I guess I still have default config.

I am IT boy but definitely not skilled with network hence kindly asking if you could reply to me as if I would be tennisman - and I have a lot friends tennismen, dont tell me I have no respect for them 🙂

Thx in advance, 

Vince

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address.

@VinceCz wrote:

In fact I have a ZTE modem which is connected to a hub, this hub goes to wired network in each room, ...  all devices which are connected directly (wired) to the ZTE is in 10.0.0.xxx

As this all works, the ZTE is a router/modem.

@VinceCz wrote:

I want same IP mask before and after the router (Nighthawk R7000).  

The R7000 in router mode is isolating, NATing, and firewalling - just like a NAT router is supposed to do. A router is to be used between the Internet/WAN port and the LAN. You can't. 

@VinceCz wrote:

..., including the R7000 + some others devices, printer, mycloud, tv, DNLA. I am facing lot of device sharing issues (one laptop does not see the printer, DLNA does not find mycloud, the tv cannot work with Internet) ... , and all which is in WIFI is in 192.168.1.xxx. Hence trying to have all in 10.0.0.xxx even wifi devices, but not able to do the change. Also so far I didn't do any tricky change 

Issues predictable - you have two networks, to LANs. Even if you manage to configure the same IP subnet on both sides (the router Web UI is prohibiting for good reasons): The router is still a router and can't work because it does not know which network you want to reach with the same addresses on both sides.

Correct config is always WAN/Internet [e.g. true Modem] <-> Router WAN/Internet Port <-> all the LAN

What is the plan, for what purpose have you bought the R7000 exactly? If the idea is just offering wireless, you might re-configure the R7000 as a plain wireless access point - check the documentation. Be aware that only one Ethernet port (typically the WAN/Internet port)  might be workable for connecting the local network, all others don't work or might be ridiculously slow. Be aware agin that consumer routers make poor wireless access points.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
VinceCz
Aspirant

Re: The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address.

Adding LAN Setup

Message 2 of 5
VinceCz
Aspirant

And WAN Setup

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@VinceCz wrote:

In fact I have a ZTE modem which is connected to a hub, this hub goes to wired network in each room, ...  all devices which are connected directly (wired) to the ZTE is in 10.0.0.xxx

As this all works, the ZTE is a router/modem.

@VinceCz wrote:

I want same IP mask before and after the router (Nighthawk R7000).  

The R7000 in router mode is isolating, NATing, and firewalling - just like a NAT router is supposed to do. A router is to be used between the Internet/WAN port and the LAN. You can't. 

@VinceCz wrote:

..., including the R7000 + some others devices, printer, mycloud, tv, DNLA. I am facing lot of device sharing issues (one laptop does not see the printer, DLNA does not find mycloud, the tv cannot work with Internet) ... , and all which is in WIFI is in 192.168.1.xxx. Hence trying to have all in 10.0.0.xxx even wifi devices, but not able to do the change. Also so far I didn't do any tricky change 

Issues predictable - you have two networks, to LANs. Even if you manage to configure the same IP subnet on both sides (the router Web UI is prohibiting for good reasons): The router is still a router and can't work because it does not know which network you want to reach with the same addresses on both sides.

Correct config is always WAN/Internet [e.g. true Modem] <-> Router WAN/Internet Port <-> all the LAN

What is the plan, for what purpose have you bought the R7000 exactly? If the idea is just offering wireless, you might re-configure the R7000 as a plain wireless access point - check the documentation. Be aware that only one Ethernet port (typically the WAN/Internet port)  might be workable for connecting the local network, all others don't work or might be ridiculously slow. Be aware agin that consumer routers make poor wireless access points.

Message 4 of 5
VinceCz
Aspirant

Hi Guru

Thx a lot, I did the config as plain wireless access point, it’s working perfectly.

“Be aware agin that consumer routers make poor wireless access points.”

You talking about the ZTE ?

Thx,
Vince
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7