Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

This is the worst customer experience possible

Yo4bubba
Guide

This is the worst customer experience possible

Netgear has always been my NW hardware of choice - until now. I will NEVER purchase or recommend Netgear - except maybe to my ex.

I have been waiting 35 minutes for a 2 minute wait to get an RMA number. But I suspect I will have to pay to get the RMA number - WTF has happened to Netgear? The website is really poorly designed and not helpful at all.

My router only uploads at 400 KBPS instead of the 12 MBPS when I bypass it Downloads are not much better - ranging from 1.2 MBPS to 50 MBPS.

Got through to support, and now without a wireless adapter available, he is saying it is probably fine. But I don't care about the wireless - my network is mostly wired. 

With Netgear stopping the email and phone support like this, they must have so many hardware issues they are unable to keep up with demand. That is a shame - but it helped me decide!

I would be foolish to ever buy another Netgear product - no matter how high quality they are.

Update - the wireless is very important to the person I am talking to. It doesn't seem to matter that I do not use the wireless at all.

That di&^wad just hung up on me! No RMA unless I purchase a software warranty? I will try my best to spread the negative word in every venue I am able to! What a lame as$ company! $200 I paid and I have to pay more to have it fixed? I bought it in February. NEVER AGAIN! Costco is next on my feedback 'tour'! 

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Helpful7
Tutor

Re: This is the worst customer experience possible

I am throwing away my new 6400 and purchased a Linksys instead.  Lesson learned.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Helpful7
Tutor

I am throwing away my new 6400 and purchased a Linksys instead.  Lesson learned.

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

Did you just come here to vent off your frustraction or to seek help? Shouting on this forum that you'll never buy a NETGEAR product will get you nowhere. You must understand that you are not entitled to lifelong support and after your 90 days of FREE support has ended, NETGEAR is free to ask for money when you request further support. This is common to all other router brands as well (ASUS, Linksys, TP-Link, etc)

Now, if you can precisely explain what your issues are, we may be able to help you.

Message 3 of 4
Yo4bubba
Guide

Sorry microchip, but it is not what other manufacturers do when they know the equipment has issues. (See my other post elaborating on this topic). 

One contract to lose customers verses no contract and lifetime loyalty - the post before yours agreed with me, too.

In an avionics engineering position I held at a major military subcontractors, I was able to reconfigure make 65 pieces of M1553 development hardware (at $25k a pop) work after a mandated OS upgrade - ultimately cancelling their purchase order to replace them (the GM and sales team allowed me to intervene). We made several million in follow up contracts with all of their divisions.

And all the support I provided was free!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7