Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to add more than 2 address reservations in Nighthawk 7000

kcbob_2000
Aspirant

Unable to add more than 2 address reservations in Nighthawk 7000

Whenever I try to add a 3rd address reservation under Advanced->Setup->Lan Setup, I get a popup saying that "The input data is duplicated with current record, continue to overwrite?".  If I choose Ok, it will overwrite my last entry.  I see where others have added 20 or more so doesn't sound like a limitation, but not sure what I need to change...  I am running the latest firmware and rebooted and reset the router, but no joy...

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Unable to add more than 2 address reservations in Nighthawk 7000

Hi kcbob_2000,

You may need to check it on the device itself if names are set. The router does not have any option for you to rename the device under attached devices although you can set a name for address reservation but it will not appear on attached devices.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

You are probably getting no device name for more than one device.  An unknown device name is automatically set to something like -------.  Fill in the name with something meaningful for every device.

Message 2 of 7
kcbob_2000
Aspirant

Thank you for that; you are right, most names are ---.  These are cameras and I'm not sure there is a way for me to set it via the device itself, is there a way to set it via the router, or just have the router go by the mac address?

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi kcbob_2000,

You may need to check it on the device itself if names are set. The router does not have any option for you to rename the device under attached devices although you can set a name for address reservation but it will not appear on attached devices.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To Edit the names.....go to the attached list...... click on blue link...... upper right...... access control menu..... and then edit...... NAME WILL then show in attached list.

Message 5 of 7
kcbob_2000
Aspirant

giving each device a unique "Device Name" when adding the reservation worked great!

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

While adding unique names allowed you to add those reservations, the names will likely NOT show as entered in a few days on the attached device list.

They'll likely need to be edited in the access control menu.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7