Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to join network

DerekJames
Aspirant

Unable to join network

I've got a bunch of devices connected to my network and they are ruuning great. I bought a new iPad mini and whwn i try to connect, it says "unable to join network".

Since there is no other inducation of error, I don't know how to fix it.  A guest came over with another iPad, and same thing. But my laptop is connected fine, hence my ability to enter this message. 🙂

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to join network

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you sure the password on the pads is correctly entered? 

Try the Forget this Network, turn OFF the wifi radio for 5 seconds then turn back on and try to re-connect. 

How is the router configured for wifi settings? 

What modes are you using? 

What channels are you using? 

What security mode do you have set on the router? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 4
DerekJames
Aspirant

Solved by joining one of the 5G radios. Must be something weird with 2.4. For channel, it is set to Auto.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7