Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updated firmware now server dns address could not be found

Rbooe05
Aspirant

Updated firmware now server dns address could not be found

I updated the firmware on my nighthawk router and I use the dynamic DNS program as well as port forwarding for my cameras. After the update I get a random error when connecting to any websites. It reads server dns address could not be found.... I get this on all my devices and sometimes will automatically load after a couple seconds. Any ideas? Thanks!
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Rbooe05
Aspirant

Re: Updated firmware now server dns address could not be found

I actually ended up resetting the router by holding the reset for 10 seconds. Then i set up my networks and my port forwarding again and i went the backup screen and saved my settings to my laptop. Then i upgraded the firmware with the same results. I then went to the backup screen again and i restored all my settings i had saved on my laptop and it rebooted and worked. Not sure whats going on with that but it worked for me! Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Rbooe05
Aspirant

Also I'm using att uverse if that matters
Message 2 of 7

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

Backup the device's settings first, just in case it doesn't work and you want to recover the settings. If it does work, retrieving the settings may break it again.

Message 3 of 7
Rbooe05
Aspirant

I did reset it to factory and I didn't save any changes. Just manually entered my port forwarding information and everythinf
Message 4 of 7
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

Did you find a solution? I have an R7000 router, upgraded firmware and installed OpenVPN for Android and have the exact same problem!
Message 5 of 7
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

Did you find a solution? I have an R7000 router, upgraded firmware and installed OpenVPN for Android and have the exact same problem!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
Rbooe05
Aspirant

I actually ended up resetting the router by holding the reset for 10 seconds. Then i set up my networks and my port forwarding again and i went the backup screen and saved my settings to my laptop. Then i upgraded the firmware with the same results. I then went to the backup screen again and i restored all my settings i had saved on my laptop and it rebooted and worked. Not sure whats going on with that but it worked for me! Hope that helps

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7