Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Server - Android OpenVPN can't see the configuration file

bennyfth
Follower

VPN Server - Android OpenVPN can't see the configuration file

I enabled the VPN Server on my router (R7000P) and was able to setup the OpenVPN client on my Mac and the VPN is working.

The isse I have is with the OpenVPN configuration package for Android.

After I download the Smart Phone package and copied it into my Android device storage when I locate the folder in OpenVPN client in Android, it only sees 3 files not the client3.ovpn - I tried renaming it to client3.conf that didn’t work either.

Android version 13

I appreciate your help 🙂

B

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: VPN Server - Android OpenVPN can't see the configuration file

@bennyfth wrote:

I enabled the VPN Server on my router (R7000P) and was able to setup the OpenVPN client on my Mac and the VPN is working.

The isse I have is with the OpenVPN configuration package for Android.

After I download the Smart Phone package and copied it into my Android device storage when I locate the folder in OpenVPN client in Android, it only sees 3 files not the client3.ovpn - I tried renaming it to client3.conf that didn’t work either.

Android version 13

I appreciate your help 🙂

B

You have to unpack the smart_phone.ovpn file from the downloaded zip file before you copy it to your phone.

On the phone, the spart_phone.ovpn file needs to the located in the highest level directory on the phone device itself.  Not on a sub-directory or SD card.  Otherwise the client application fails to import the configuration file as an available profile.

Unless something has changed, the downloaded smart phone zip file from my router only contained one file for the Android smart phone.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7