Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Video is constantly Buffering on New R7350 Router

aronnov
Aspirant

Video is constantly Buffering on New R7350 Router

Just upgraded our Netgear Router because we wanted more range in the house..  We replaced our Netgear R6700 - AC1750 (which worked fine, and still works fine when i plug it back up to test and has  no video buffering.  can stream twitch in beuatiful 1080p on all devices.)   with a new R7350 - AC2400. (constant buffering every 8 seconds even on 480p)

Any ideas?  the old router works fine with 0 buffering.  the new one i can't go 8 seconds without video buffering.  Old router is nothing but default settings and same with the new version.  I had the latest firmware  so i even tried rolling it back but same issue.

The issue is on 2.4GHz or 5.GHz.

QOS is not enabled on either.

WMM IS enabled on both.

Enable Implicit Beamforming IS enabled on both

Enable Airtime Fairness IS enabled on both

Basically any setting i could find is identical on both.

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Video is constantly Buffering on New R7350 Router

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7