Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WPS PIN doesn't stay deactivated

Orillion001
Aspirant

WPS PIN doesn't stay deactivated

Hi

For security reasons I try to deactivate the WPS PIN in admin webpage (Advanced->Advanced Setup->Wireless Settings->WPS Settings->Router PIN).

But if I uncheck it and apply the changes, the checkbox is checked again after admin webpage reloaded, so no way to deactivated this PIN.

I also already tried to again login on admin webpage or restart the whole router after applying the changes, but the checkbox is still checked again.

My router runs on firmware V1.0.9.64_10.2.64

Does anyone know a solution for that?

Thanks in advance!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

this is a known defect of the R7000 firmware. Others have reported the same problem. No fix yet until NG fixes it (if at all)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

this is a known defect of the R7000 firmware. Others have reported the same problem. No fix yet until NG fixes it (if at all)

Message 2 of 4
Orillion001
Aspirant

Oh, that's bad news as the WPS PIN was identified as security risk and you have now no possibility to protect against it (and you not even have the possibility to turn of WPS at all)...

But anyway thanks for confirmation of this issue!

Message 3 of 4
sausman
Initiate

It's hard to belive this cannot be turned off.  After all I've read about what a security risk this option is, Netgear doesn't have a fix?

Absurd!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7