Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why does one of my R7000P ethernet lights blink orange. I have it connected to a 4 port POE switch.

minusten
Tutor

Why does one of my R7000P ethernet lights blink orange. I have it connected to a 4 port POE switch.

Received a R7000P Netgear Nighthawk router for Xmas. I have it connected, but am puzzled why one of the 4 ethernet ports blinks orange.

I have this port connected to a 4 port POE switch. I can change the connection of the router's ports (from 4 to 3 example) and the light will change numbers as to the ethernet cable connected to the POE switch. Help me out someone; do I have a faulty router?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Why does one of my R7000P ethernet lights blink orange. I have it connected to a 4 port POE swit

@minusten wrote:

Received a R7000P Netgear Nighthawk router for Xmas. I have it connected, but am puzzled why one of the 4 ethernet ports blinks orange.

I have this port connected to a 4 port POE switch. I can change the connection of the router's ports (from 4 to 3 example) and the light will change numbers as to the ethernet cable connected to the POE switch. Help me out someone; do I have a faulty router?

Is the POE switch rated  for 100mb or 1gb, normally amber is a 100 mb connection?

Guessing that no matter which router lan port  you connect the switch to the router the results are the same?

The blinking normally shows a active data flow, steady no data flow.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Why does one of my R7000P ethernet lights blink orange. I have it connected to a 4 port POE swit

@minusten wrote:

Is the POE switch rated  for 100mb or 1gb, normally amber is a 100 mb connection?

Guessing that no matter which router lan port  you connect the switch to the router the results are the same?

The blinking normally shows a active data flow, steady no data flow.

Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

> Received a R7000P Netgear Nighthawk router for Xmas.

Do yourself a favor.  Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your
model number, and look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look
for "Table 1. LED descriptions".

> I have this port connected to a 4 port POE switch.

Not a very detailed description of anything.  If your "a 4 port POE
switch" has 10/100MHz ports, then that would account for the amber LED
color on the router LAN port.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7