Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless devices (2.8 and 5GHz) cannot connect to internet but can connect to router

PCMowerDude
Initiate

Wireless devices (2.8 and 5GHz) cannot connect to internet but can connect to router

I am having an issue that doesn't seem to present any specific pattern. My children's cell phones (iphone 7, iphone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S9) sometimes cannot access the internet, but can connect to the router. The wired connections do not drop, however. Sometimes my FireTV won't connect, but very seldom.

Firmware Version
V1.0.11.106_10.2.100

P.S. By the way, just turned off auto-update of firmware.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wireless devices (2.8 and 5GHz) cannot connect to internet but can connect to router

What modem is it connected to? 

Anytime it comes to the R7000, there's several steps that can help.

1. try factory resetting and reinstalling the router. 

2. downgrade the firmware to version 1.0.9.42.    its the agreed upon stable version of the firmware for this router. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Wireless devices (2.8 and 5GHz) cannot connect to internet but can connect to router

What modem is it connected to? 

Anytime it comes to the R7000, there's several steps that can help.

1. try factory resetting and reinstalling the router. 

2. downgrade the firmware to version 1.0.9.42.    its the agreed upon stable version of the firmware for this router. 

Message 2 of 4
PCMowerDude
Initiate

That took care of it. Thanks so much to the great people of the Netgear Community!
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it resolved! if you mark it solved, it can help the next person with this issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7