Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6 R8000 slow speeds on 2 bands

Gkeller16
Aspirant

X6 R8000 slow speeds on 2 bands

I have 500mb service first of all,my main 5g band gets 245mbps down and 130mbps up with 13 devices connected. My secondary 5g band has only 2 devices right now connected which is a Google hub and the nest. I am getting  less than 1mbps down and 3.4mbps up. My 2g band has 10 devices connected and speeds of 35mbps down and 18mbps up. 

I have upgraded firmware to the latest as of yesterday. I routinely have to restart the router since day one to get speeds to being usable on the other bands. This router is only a couple months old and maybe I misunderstood how tri band works.

I was under the belief I could spread out the amount of devices between the two 5g bands. I have 6 people in the home and we have quite a few smart home devices ,Google nest/hubs/minis in every room and smart lighting throughout the home. I am getting sick of restarting this everyday ,only to have it slow to a crawl hours later on those bands. What am I missing????

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: X6 R8000 slow speeds on 2 bands

What modem do you have? 

what firmware did you upgrade to? 

did you try a factory reset of the router and clean install (not from backup)?

Message 2 of 3
Gkeller16
Aspirant

Re: X6 R8000 slow speeds on 2 bands

I have fioptics and to the best of my knowledge and what I have read ,there is no modem.

I am on V1.0.4.62_10.1.74

I have not tried a factory reset yet.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7