Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 - QOS and Discord problem

jelfs
Aspirant

XR500 - QOS and Discord problem

Hi, I'm having a problem on my netgear xr500. I installed the firmware with netduma 3.0 (XR500 V2.3.2.120) configured the qos as follows:

Cattura.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

In Device manager, i set my PC as gaming console, and i used the default netduma games option. Warzone ran incredibly smooth. no lag, no elastic effect, no orange squares and the bullets went in target very quickly, another game!

But i'm facing a big problem. when the qos detect the game priority packets from warzone, completly cut off my outbound audio on discord. I keep hearing from my teammates, but they no longer hear me. I noticed that this icon turns red:

discord.PNG

from here my friends hear my voice from time to time, but very rarely.

i have tried to use custom ports (you can see now enabled on the previous screen) for discord (source port (1:65535) - destination port (50000:65535))  and i tried to enable di high priority packet option from discord, but nothing changes.

This is also the geofilter option, but this not should be a problem. i can correctly connect to voice server, but when i start gaming my upload voice go away:

Cattura3.PNG

Could you please help me? 

thanks!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jelfs
Aspirant

Rif.: XR500 - QOS and Discord problem

I solved the problem by unchecking the option "Disable Proxying IGMP", under WAN Settings!!!

now everythings works great!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
jelfs
Aspirant

Rif.: XR500 - QOS and Discord problem

I solved the problem by unchecking the option "Disable Proxying IGMP", under WAN Settings!!!

now everythings works great!

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 - QOS and Discord problem

Please be sure to visit and post about any XR series router problems in the NH Gaming Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Enjoy.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7