Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot access readyshare drives after router(WNR3500v2)has damaged, now I have an new router AC2600

Robbievs
Aspirant

cannot access readyshare drives after router(WNR3500v2)has damaged, now I have an new router AC2600

My old N router  WNR3500v2 was dead and must by an buy a other 1 an R7800 — Nighthawk X4S AC2600, but now I can access my usb drive( but I see them in the Windows File explorer. Also from \\readyshare\*share name(s) or from management tool from Netgear?Genie.
Can some 1 give me some assist? thnx Robbie

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Robbievs
Aspirant

Re: cannot access readyshare drives after router(WNR3500v2)has damaged, now I have an new router AC2

Hi All,

sorry for my stupidity, but I found the solution.
I think maybe I replace/change the cables, and what you thinkMan LOL
the issue was the power cable from my disk.
My issue is now solved, I have my data back( data from a long time)

All tnx for your attantion.
bye
grzzz Robbievs

View solution in original post

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Robbievs
Aspirant

Re: cannot access readyshare drives after router(WNR3500v2)has damaged, now I have an new router AC2

sorry I cannot Access the usb drive / shares

Message 2 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@Robbievs wrote:

My old N router  WNR3500v2 was dead and must by an buy a other 1 an R7800 — Nighthawk X4S AC2600, but now I can access my usb drive( but I see them in the Windows File explorer. Also from \\readyshare\*share name(s) or from management tool from Netgear?Genie.

Yes, can not, but are you running W10 and DID that drive be able to be seen BEFORE you replaced the router?

Both of these are important to figure out why or what needs to be done.

However, if you had not tried to access the USB drive recently, or have W10, especially the latest version V1803) then maybe SMB 1's client needs to be enabled.

Other possibilities exist as well, such as the drive damaged (you didn't say why the router died, lightning hit for instance)? That might help explain why you can't see the drive as well? Drive could just be corrupted by power being removed while operating even.

Have you done any other drive troubleshooting? Like taken it to a PC and see if it is recognized? Run CHKDSK /F on it? Can you access it using from a CMD prompt NET VIEW \\192.168.1.1 (or using the IP Address of the router if not 192.168.1.1)?

Message 3 of 5
Robbievs
Aspirant

@IrvSp wrote:

@Robbievs wrote:

Yes, can not,
but are you running W10 and DID that drive be able to be seen BEFORE you replaced the router?

Yes I running Win10, yes I has seen it with different devices(windows 10)

Both of these are important to figure out why or what needs to be done.

This is Enabled

However, if you had not tried to access the USB drive recently, or have W10, especially the latest version V1803) then maybe SMB 1's client needs to be enabled.

Other possibilities exist as well, such as the drive damaged (you didn't say why the router died, lightning hit for instance)? That might help explain why you can't see the drive as well? Drive could just be corrupted by power being removed while operating even.
spontaneously no more power, but I can see the readyshare driveshares but no Access.

Have you done any other drive troubleshooting? Like taken it to a PC and see if it is recognized? Run CHKDSK /F on it? Can you access it using from a CMD prompt NET VIEW \\192.168.1.1 (or using the IP Address of the router if not 192.168.1.1)?
Not yet I, I'm going to do it now, I'll let you know
tnx anyway Mstrrr Irvsp Man Wink

Message 4 of 5
Robbievs
Aspirant

Hi All,

sorry for my stupidity, but I found the solution.
I think maybe I replace/change the cables, and what you thinkMan LOL
the issue was the power cable from my disk.
My issue is now solved, I have my data back( data from a long time)

All tnx for your attantion.
bye
grzzz Robbievs

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7