Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

lost email functionality for R7000

meve
Aspirant

lost email functionality for R7000

R7000 (1.0.4.28) behind ISP Router

I haven't been getting the email logs since the R7000 was on 1.0.4.28. I completed the factory reset at the router (firmware on 1.0.6.28) and restored to firmware 1.0.4.28 (since i was getting email logs on that firmware) 

I had been getting the logs when the router was on 1.0.4.28 using port 25 by ISP.

I tried moving to gmail on 1.0.6.28, but still not getting the emails, i've tried the different smtp gmail servers that i've found in the forum.

I've also tried using the "less secure app" with no avail.

I would prefer to use gmail on 587 / 465, not sure what i'm missing.

any input would be appreciated !

meve

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: lost email functionality for R7000

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What e-mail service and who is your ISP

Message 2 of 6
meve
Aspirant

Frontier .. I've been using smtp.frontier.com on port 25 on 1.0.4 and i was able to get the email logs. Since the questionable firmware were released, i've losted all email availablity even after performing a hardware reset at the router. After the hardware reset, i can't remember what the firmware the after the hardware reset but so i updated to 1.0.4 and still not getting the emails using port 25. 

I've tried the aspmx.l.google.com with no username/password to no avail.

i've tried the smtp.gmail.com on port 465 and 587 to no avail. (by using the Less Secure App turned on)

i've tried added using the Generate App password for the router with no avail.

I'm considering just creating a new gmail account specifically for the router to see if that works. 

It's not the end of the world if I can't get it to function.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
meve
Aspirant

yea, i've been aware that port 25 is known for spam emails. I'm suspecting that somehow Frontier did some monitoring on port 25 and maybe they realized that i was spamming an email address.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If the internet MAC in the router was set to anything other than default you may have been issued a different IP which might explain it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7