Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

night hawk AC1900 model C7100V. Cable Modem Voice router

Larrynsc
Aspirant

night hawk AC1900 model C7100V. Cable Modem Voice router

I am using a AC1900 C7100V nighthawk router. I am gettting amazing speeds on my wireless devices,

I pay for 200 Mbps internet speed from WOW. Speed tests on my wifi Firesticks at 50 ft are running 150 

to 185 mbps. All my wireless devices like computers, and phones are up there too. However My wired

connection to my firestick 3ft away is much slower. My speed tests only get to 80 to 85 mbps. I always assumed 

that a wired connection was much faster.

Is there a switch or a setting that would limit the wired speed. Any help at all is appreciated.

thanks,

Larrynsc

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: night hawk AC1900 model C7100V. Cable Modem Voice router

What firestick has a wired connection? I know the fire cube and original fire tv box (not stick) had a wired connection.

If its using a usb/ethernet adapter, it might only be rated to 10/100mbps. So what adapter are you using for the firestick to connect. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firestick has a wired connection? I know the fire cube and original fire tv box (not stick) had a wired connection.

If its using a usb/ethernet adapter, it might only be rated to 10/100mbps. So what adapter are you using for the firestick to connect. 

Message 2 of 4
Larrynsc
Aspirant

Thank you so much. that was it exactly. I connected an android box with out the ethernet and mt speed through the wired connection nearly maxxed out. I am searching for an ethernet adapter that does not throttle down the speed. Thanks

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the firestick usb-rj45 adapters are usb 2.0. 

And most streaming devices don't need more than 20-40mbps because 4k streams at around 40mbps max. 

so why do you need more than the 100mbps connection if the firestick itself doesn't need a faster connection? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7