Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk r7000

lollyguy
Follower

nighthawk r7000

hey i just got this router second handed bought since i had no wifi router in my new place to live but it seems to not work and i dont know if i need to do or purchase anything with it because i go no bugett left 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: nighthawk r7000

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Use a wired PC and web browser to re-setup the router. 

Message 2 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: nighthawk r7000

@lollyguy wrote:

hey i just got this router second handed bought since i had no wifi router in my new place to live but it seems to not work and i dont know if i need to do or purchase anything with it because i go no bugett left 

Go to the top of this page to the Downloads section.  Feed in your model number, R7000, and it will take you to a page where you can download both the installation guide and the user manual.

First, follow @FURRYe38 recommendation to perform a firmware default reset.  Details on how are provided here:

https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7