Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nothing in the Netgear USB control center, R7800 network not shown , no printer on it

Simon-HK
Aspirant

nothing in the Netgear USB control center, R7800 network not shown , no printer on it

empty from the NETGEAR USB Control Center 

my network not shown

no printer appear

the pull-down from System  only exit

how can I work/link my printer in the R7800 network

Please help

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: nothing in the Netgear USB control center, R7800 network not shown , no printer on it

@Simon-HK wrote:

but on the other hand, readyshare of harddisk work and show in our network not from the USB control center

Two different access protocols used.

• ReadyShare disk access is achieved by the industry standard SMB protocol set (TCP based), it's discovery and name resolution if used by WS-Discovery (Multicast) resp. the legacy NetBIOS (Broadcast). 
  • ReadyShare USB is making use of a proprietary protocol over a TCP port (20005/TCP) to a service on the router, it's discovered and accessed by a Windows resp. MacOS installed driver set becoming visible as a kind of a virtual USB hub interface, the Netgear USB Control Center does just make a control access to associate and deassociate a remote USB device.

I think it should be rather easy to make it workable - assume you talk of Windows here. The problem is that the drivers are not properly installed why ever. Lot of legacy and very old style driver kit was used by Netgear resp. the makers of NetUSB - and it was never reviewed and updated since 2013.

Try this:

1. Use Windows Explorer and access the folder where the USB Control Center was installed, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\USB Control Center
  2. Locate the NetUSB.inf file
  3. Right click the NetUSB.inf file, and choose "Install"
  4. Accept any security prompts related (if any)
  5. Expect a message stating that you have to reboot the system to finsih the driver install - Reboot
  6. After reboot, launch the Netgear USB Control Center App (it's not put to autostart by the installer)

Fingers crossed - enjoy!

NTGR USB Ctl Ctr.PNG

@michaelkenward Do you have a router with ReadyShare Printer Access (sigh what a wrong marketing name) and the related ReadySHARE Printer utilities intalled and in use on MacOS and Windows?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: nothing in the Netgear USB control center, R7800 network not shown , no printer on it

Message 2 of 16

@Simon-HK wrote:

no printer appear

What printer are we talking about?

Message 3 of 16
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward the network (resp. the router hosting the USB ports) must become visible, regardless of the USB attached device. 

Message 4 of 16

Yes,  but the action you have to take to fix printer problems depends on, get this, the printer.

Let's leave it to @Simon-HK to provide fuller details that could be useful and not try to deter them from providing useful information.

Message 5 of 16
Simon-HK
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply

We have HP 1102W, HP MFP 181,  HP1212, Canon LBP7100N

none of them show

is not matter of printers

from the system, even the R7800 doesnt appear

Message 6 of 16
Simon-HK
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your message

but on the other hand, readyshare of harddisk work and show in our network

not from the USB control center

Message 7 of 16
schumaku
Guru

@Simon-HK wrote:

but on the other hand, readyshare of harddisk work and show in our network not from the USB control center

Two different access protocols used.

• ReadyShare disk access is achieved by the industry standard SMB protocol set (TCP based), it's discovery and name resolution if used by WS-Discovery (Multicast) resp. the legacy NetBIOS (Broadcast). 
  • ReadyShare USB is making use of a proprietary protocol over a TCP port (20005/TCP) to a service on the router, it's discovered and accessed by a Windows resp. MacOS installed driver set becoming visible as a kind of a virtual USB hub interface, the Netgear USB Control Center does just make a control access to associate and deassociate a remote USB device.

I think it should be rather easy to make it workable - assume you talk of Windows here. The problem is that the drivers are not properly installed why ever. Lot of legacy and very old style driver kit was used by Netgear resp. the makers of NetUSB - and it was never reviewed and updated since 2013.

Try this:

1. Use Windows Explorer and access the folder where the USB Control Center was installed, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\USB Control Center
  2. Locate the NetUSB.inf file
  3. Right click the NetUSB.inf file, and choose "Install"
  4. Accept any security prompts related (if any)
  5. Expect a message stating that you have to reboot the system to finsih the driver install - Reboot
  6. After reboot, launch the Netgear USB Control Center App (it's not put to autostart by the installer)

Fingers crossed - enjoy!

NTGR USB Ctl Ctr.PNG

@michaelkenward Do you have a router with ReadyShare Printer Access (sigh what a wrong marketing name) and the related ReadySHARE Printer utilities intalled and in use on MacOS and Windows?

Message 8 of 16

@schumaku wrote:

Yes.

Message 9 of 16
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward sorry was not clear enough, submitted the post before finishing properly.

I have no MacOS playground to test these days. Is the installation working out fine on the current MacOS systems?

Your Windows installation might have been done earlier, and the drivers where registered properly before. While trying to assist another community member ( @OlegP - Netgear ReadySHARE has been broken for 2 year now! ) have tried the installation on clean and heavily abused Windows 10 Version 1903 systems and discovered the drivers were not installed, the App remained empty. On the Windows 10 2004 the drivers were installed automatically based on the earlier installation attempt. Well possible that at some point this legacy driver install broke up on some Windows 10 builds.

Message 10 of 16

@Simon-HK wrote:

Thanks for your reply

We have HP 1102W, HP MFP 181,  HP1212, Canon LBP7100N

none of them show

is not matter of printers

My R7800 has just two USB ports. How can you connect all of those to a single router? One at a time?

@Simon-HK wrote:

from the system, even the R7800 doesnt appear

What does that mean? Appear where?

Message 11 of 16
Simon-HK
Aspirant

Dear, 

I tried my times, reboot, reinstall the Share Utliity Center, nothing show in the USB Control Center

Message 12 of 16
Simon-HK
Aspirant

Dear, I tried by using TCP port connect and install from Control Panel.

now the NETGEAR USB Control Center show the printer but I dont know how to print

Should I print from Office directly but doesn't work

to click from NETGEAR USB Center, then how

Message 13 of 16

Have you confirmed that the printer will work when connected to a USB port on your PC?

Have you considered using this printer using wifi?

Message 14 of 16
Simon-HK
Aspirant

Dear Michael

thanks for your support and reply

of course, printer connected with cable is working

lovely, big step today, printer appear in the NETGEAR USB Control Center

may be keep trying and trying

Message 15 of 16
schumaku
Guru

@Simon-HK wrote:

Dear, I tried by using TCP port connect and install from Control Panel.

The TCP port mentioned is for establishing the connection from the virtual USB ports added by the Netgear USB tool - this is not for direct TCP printing.

@Simon-HK wrote:

now the NETGEAR USB Control Center show the printer but I dont know how to print

Windows 10 should find new UPnP printers automatically. Sometimes it might be required to go to the Windows 10 Settings -> Printers -> Add new printer.

if there are no printer drivers available on the Windows repository, it can request adding drivers manually. 

@Simon-HK wrote:

Should I print from Office directly but doesn't work

Once the printer(s) are added to Windows you can print ...

@Simon-HK wrote:

to click from NETGEAR USB Center, then how

Thee are no actions required in the Netgear USB Control Center, unless you have some software requiring exclusive bi-directional access to the device, then you can connect the device exclusively using [Connect for Scan/Fax function]. At that point the MFP scanners and the like are becoming available eg. to the Windows Fax and Scan program.

For normal printing operations this isn't required.  

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series