Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700 solid amber internet light

russ668
Aspirant

r6700 solid amber internet light

I was configured and connected just fine.  Great speedtests....awesome performance.  We recently wanted to paint the living room, so I had to unplug everything.  Now, after bringing things back online I get a solid amber light for internet.  It obviously means that the router detects an ethernet cable but no internet.  

I've tried the reboot process in the exact order that is in a million posts.  So that's not the issue.  I've tried to do a factory reset on the router, but when I try to set it up, it gets to the point where it detects the internet and it won't get past that part.  It asks me to reboot the modem, fix the cable, etc.  Nothing I do will bring it online. I've tried different cables too.   Figured even though it works in the laptop doesn't necessarily mean it likes the WAN port.  No luck. 

I am writing this from a laptop connected directly to the SB8200 cable modem.  Internet is working fine.  I just can't get the Nighthawk to detect my internet anymore.  

I can get to the router via wifi, I just can't get it setup past the internet step.  

Is this thing bricked?  I'd hate to buy a new one if there is an issue of some sort with the SB8200 but I just can't imagine there is.  If so, which one would you all recommend?

Thanks...

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
russ668
Aspirant

Re: r6700 solid amber internet light

Update:  Bought the same model router brand new at Target.  Brought it home, plugged it in and Internet was recognized by the WAN port.  I am amazed that those ports can go bad.  Not sure if it was actually a bad router or not, can't confirm that the old one (2017 model) was indeed faulty.  All I know is that I'm back up and running with the updated model, which btw is much smaller in size.  That part is welcome.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
russ668
Aspirant

Re: r6700 solid amber internet light

Update:  Bought the same model router brand new at Target.  Brought it home, plugged it in and Internet was recognized by the WAN port.  I am amazed that those ports can go bad.  Not sure if it was actually a bad router or not, can't confirm that the old one (2017 model) was indeed faulty.  All I know is that I'm back up and running with the updated model, which btw is much smaller in size.  That part is welcome.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7