Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700v3

tanfoo
Aspirant

r6700v3

Recently bought R6700v3 open box still in original package, it also looks unused still with plastic wrap.   It had been registered in 2019 but Netgear registered it into my account with no problem.  It works but I am having problems accessing the  setup screen to change setting.  The default passwords don't work so I can't get to the screen.  My iPhone can't connect to wifi as password isn't correct.  Is there a way to erase the old info and start from scratch.

Message 1 of 5
Kitsap
Master

Re: r6700v3

@tanfoo wrote:

Recently bought R6700v3 open box still in original package, it also looks unused still with plastic wrap.   It had been registered in 2019 but Netgear registered it into my account with no problem.  It works but I am having problems accessing the  setup screen to change setting.  The default passwords don't work so I can't get to the screen.  My iPhone can't connect to wifi as password isn't correct.  Is there a way to erase the old info and start from scratch.

At the top of this page, go to the Downloads section and feed in your model number (R6700v3) and download the user manual.

Go to page 113 for detailed instructions.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Whenever you setup the router, you had to change the default login. 

You can try the password recovery option but if you didn't set it up (or don't remember the answers), then you'd need to factory reset to re-setup the login info. 

Message 3 of 5
tanfoo
Aspirant

I have tried to reset the router several times with the reset button.  the router turns off and then reboots.  But when I enter the username and password the Router Password Recovery screen appears and i don't know the answers.  So I haven't been able to get to the basic screen.

Message 4 of 5

@tanfoo wrote:

I have tried to reset the router several times with the reset button.  the router turns off and then reboots. 

How are you accessing the router?

You mentioned an iPhone, but that is not the best way to access the device. It is best done with a browser and a wired connection.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

But when I enter the username and password the Router Password Recovery screen appears and i don't know the answers. 

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7