Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

weird wifi behavior

aseymour64
Aspirant

weird wifi behavior

I just bought these and it was an easy to setup but now I'm having issues connecting other devices. All my ipads, iphones connect, but i have to hardwire the satillites to my home pc and work pc for some reason 

Keeps saying the password has changed. i verified the password is correct, the SSID is correct. I also have Nordic Track that uses WIFI and it can't connect either. 

Any ideas why i have to hardwire to the satillites? why I'm getting incorrect password?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: weird wifi behavior

what are "these"?

You didn't put what router you bought. 

What firmare is on them?
What modem/gateway are they connected to? 

Details are key to helping you. 

Message 2 of 6
aseymour64
Aspirant

Its a RBR750 

firmware V4.6.3.7

Connected to a direct fiber connection via frontier.n It s a 1gb connection.

But I think I may have figured it out There is a network key for wireless i think that's the wifi password? Going to test it out and if thats it.

Message 3 of 6
aseymour64
Aspirant

Looks like that fixed it weird thing is though, other devices are using my origina password. I guess the system uses paswords for different scenerios? 

Thank you

Message 4 of 6

@aseymour64 wrote:

I guess the system uses paswords for different scenerios? 

Not so much different scenarios as different actions.

Netgear makes life interesting by having all manner of passwords. There is the one into the router's controls, then there are those to get into the router's wifi, and then there any that you use to get into this Community and/or MyNetgear.

Different passwords pop up at different times, depending on how you connect to the device and where you are trying to access from, your local network or somewhere else on the Internet. (Previously known as Remote Access, that's now called Anywhere Access.)

If you are talking about access to the browser's graphical user interface (GUI), the router's controls, these are on the label for your device, along with the default wifi login details. The username is fixed at admin. The default password is password.

Message 5 of 6
aseymour64
Aspirant

Thanks for explaining that but really helped. This forum is really responsive I love it !

Thanks again !
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7