× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Are MR63 satellites compatible with MR60 system

JPRBDE
Aspirant

Are MR63 satellites compatible with MR60 system

I have a MR60 system with 2 satellites. Could I add one or even two MS63 satellites to this system? Would it even help to get a stronger signal where the new satellites are?
Message 1 of 8

Re: Are MR63 satellites compatible with MR60 system

@JPRBDE wrote:
I have a MR60 system with 2 satellites. Could I add one or even two MS63 satellites to this system? Would it even help to get a stronger signal where the new satellites are?

Yes.

The MR60 system, in your case the MK63, is a combination of MR60 (router) and two MS60 satellites.

Message 2 of 8
JPRBDE
Aspirant

Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

When looking for satellites, careful to find one that works with the MR60.

Which Nighthawk Mesh products are compatible with the Nighthawk Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 products? - NET...

The MS60 is a safe best.

Unfortunately, Netgear does not seem to have come up with a grid that covers all MR and MS devices.

Message 4 of 8
JPRBDE
Aspirant

So if I understand the info in the provided link, a MR63 satellite will not work with a MR60 router.  If I want to add satellites beyond the two I have now, I will need to use MS60 satellites.  Do I have this right?  Sorry, I'm really not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

Message 5 of 8

@JPRBDE wrote:

So if I understand the info in the provided link, a MR63 satellite will not work with a MR60 router. 

I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion. That link is all about the satellites that will work with the MR60 router. It says nothing about the MR60 router. (That's why I complained that Netgear doesn't provide a complete grid of all MRs and MSs.)

There is no MR63 satellite.

Look at the labels on your MK63 system and you will see that you have an MR60 router and two MS60s satellites. (The MK62 has one MR60 and one MR60.)

You can just add two more MS60 satellites to the existing MK63 system. The trouble could be in finding standalone satellites. They can he hard to track down in some markets.

Message 6 of 8

@michaelkenward wrote:

Look at the labels on your MK63 system and you will see that you have an MR60 router and two MS60s satellites. (The MK62 has one MR60 and one MR60.)

(The MK62 has one MR60 and one MS60.)

Message 7 of 8
JPRBDE
Aspirant

Thanks.

Like I said, this is not my area of expertise, so I appreciate all the help I can get.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7