× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Can't get MS60 to synch with MR60.

McWeb
Aspirant

Can't get MS60 to synch with MR60.

Just bought a second-hand set of 1 MR60 router and 2 MS60 satellites. Android app handy. Reset all 3, setup the MR, setup the first MS, could not get the 2nd MS to synch. Tried everything I could think of and read about on the forums. I have blue light on the MR and 1 of the MS. Just can't get the 2nd MS, dang amber (orange) light will not synch on the one.

Things I have tried:

1. Complete system reset, each unit reset button, 30-30-30. Multiple times.

2. Setup using browser, setup using android Nighthawk app. Multiple times.

3. Downgrade firmware on each. Upgrade firmware on each. Several versions. Made sure firmware is the same each time.

4. Ethernet into each satellite from PC. Can see interface, can upgrade, downgrade firmware.

5. Ethernet from MR to MS. Can see MS is getting WiFi SSID from MR. Shows as a satellite on MR (when wired!!)

UGH! frustrating!

All units were matching set, same SSID and key from factory. Just can't get this one to show the blue light.

Anyone out there have a can't miss solution?! Please!?

THANKS! 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't get MS60 to synch with MR60.

You'll need to contact NG support for there help. Ask about RMA options:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 2 of 4
McWeb
Aspirant

No-go with Netgear support RMA.

I discovered this: If I move the MS60 satellite within inches of the MR60 router, it will sync, blue light, I can login to the satellite and everything. I thought I had it!! But move it further than about a foot away and it will not.

Also, get this- the wireless satellite shows up as wired in Attached Deives list. I double-checked it, no ethernet cable.

When I move it say about 3 feet down to desk. I cannot login to web interface, and shortly the blue light turns amber.

Has that happened to anyone?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If that's happening then the MS needs to be replaced. Might try finding some used MS on places like Amazon, ebay or shopgoodwill.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7