Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Canon MFB42cdw cannot print when connected to Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 Satellite MS60

olyjazzhead
Follower

Canon MFB42cdw cannot print when connected to Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 Satellite MS60

Hello....I've had a Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Satellite MS60 for a couple months now and cannot seem to be able to have it print on my Canon MFB42CDW when connected. First....I've updated all firmware on both printer and NIghthawk, also I am a Mac user. The printer has no trouble connecting to the Nighthawk, and when I set up my printer in the preferences on my mac, it sees the printer and everything seems to work fine until I get an error message stating that the printer cannot be verified. I've never had this problem with my original  router....and I can still connect to my router directly (It's a standard comcast stock router). The problem is that the comcast router is located on the other end of the house and has a weak connection, which is why I purchased this Nighthawk anyway. 

Also I should note that I would be fine connecting it via Wired LAN, as I've tried this as well, yet still have the same error message when setting up my printer. The only workaround I've come up with is to move my printer into the other room and print directly via the comcast router, but this defeats the purpose of why I bought the NIghthawk in the first place, so I would really like to find a way to make this printer work with the NIghthawk. 

I apologize if I've left out any details necessary...I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to IT. Thank you!

Christopher

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7