Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Conect M1 to mk63-100nar

Ms77
Follower

Conect M1 to mk63-100nar

I live far-out in the hills of Kentucky only internet is through the cell towers in which I have on a cell booster for service. I have the M1 nighthawk router/wifi and it's great, but that great in coverage are. So I just ordered the MK63-100NAR mesh system, as I was told by netgear support it would work, though my question is: how do I conect the wifi router/wifi with a Sims card to this mesh system?
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Conect M1 to mk63-100nar

2 ways to do it. 

1. leave the M1 in router mode and put the MK system in access point mode. that leaves the M1 managing all the routing issues. 

2. put the m1 in passthrough/modem only mode. Then connect the mk system to it. that leave the m1 acting as a modem only device and the MK system as router. I'd use this method as the MK system has a better processor. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Conect M1 to mk63-100nar

2 ways to do it. 

1. leave the M1 in router mode and put the MK system in access point mode. that leaves the M1 managing all the routing issues. 

2. put the m1 in passthrough/modem only mode. Then connect the mk system to it. that leave the m1 acting as a modem only device and the MK system as router. I'd use this method as the MK system has a better processor. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7