Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Configure WOL with MR60

deravinm
Aspirant

Configure WOL with MR60

Hi,

Is it possible to get Wake On LAN (WOL) configured and working using the Netgear Nighthawk MR60 Mesh System Router? If so, what do I need to do to set it up?

I had WOL working with my previous router using an app on my iPhone. But now with the new Netgear router, the WOL functionality is no longer worging.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 1 of 3
knightz01
Apprentice

Re: Configure WOL with MR60

Hi @deravinm 

I have this working with no problems,

You need to set port forwarding in your MR60 to UDP Port 9 internal/external and point to the device, (PC in my case), I am using the android WolOn v3.18#87 app, on the very first time of using WolOn app after initial MR60 setup you need to wake the PC using the WolOn LAN tab first, after that switch off your phones WiFi and the WAN tab works fine 

Message 2 of 3
deravinm
Aspirant

Re: Configure WOL with MR60

Great - Thank you - I have WOL working now. I am using Mocha RDP Lite on an iPhone. I am also using WOL port 9. But using PC port 3389. Forme it might have been an issue with my old IP address vs my new IP address. In any case it is working now. Thanks for responding. Its nice to hear from someone else who has configured WOL and gotten it working without issues.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7