Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Connecting a Netgear Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 MK63 to an existing external Nighthawk router.

Mama_Bears_Cave
Follower

Connecting a Netgear Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 MK63 to an existing external Nighthawk router.

I recently purchase the Netgear Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 to help with the dead zone I have in my flat level home with large area. I understand that I can hook up and use the mess system router. But how do I add it on to an existing system. I want to add on to my existing AC2600 Smart Wifi Router Model R7450. I bought it less than 6 months ago. Sadly it is just out of the return range. I have trying Google Instructions or set methods and I cannot find any answers on her or google than configure as an access point. Can you please help break this down for me? 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting a Netgear Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 MK63 to an existing external Nighthawk rou

You can go 

R7450 (in router mode)----->MK63 system in access point mode. 

that prevents the double nat. 

Just make sure to have the r7450 and mk system on different wireless channels to prevent interference. 

I'd also use a different ssid for both as well because they won't "mesh" together

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7