Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Diasble Daisy Chain Nighthawk MR80

chbooth1
Aspirant

Diasble Daisy Chain Nighthawk MR80

Total newbie here.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn off the wireless daisy chain on my MR80 nighthawk setup. The orbi instructions do not work on the nighthawk, but on the netgear website it says you can configure in daisy chain or star setup. My system keeps switching back and forth, and when it is in a daisy chain configuration i cannot get fast speeds in this configuration.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Diasble Daisy Chain Nighthawk MR80

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How many MS do you have deployed?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

Message 2 of 4
chbooth1
Aspirant

MR80 V1.1.6.14

(2) MS80 satellites v1.1.6.14

Netgear Nighthawk CM2000

2 Satellites

4,400 sf

My best guess is that they are over 30 ft apart, Router is on main floor, one satellite in master on upper floor and one satellite in basement. Any suggestions to change the settings to not allow the satellites to daisy chain?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Are the MS placed on each side of where the MR is located? No out in a line from each other? 

If there in a star formation, they should not connect in Daisy Chain

Placement is key here. 

Might turn off one of the MR for 5 minutes then back ON and see. 

I presume this is in the NH app?

I don't know if there is a web page option for Daisy Chain, might look under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings on the MR. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7