× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Does Guest Wi-Fi use 2.4 Band?

Hawaiiboy
Aspirant

Does Guest Wi-Fi use 2.4 Band?

I'm trying to connect my Lacroose weather station to Wi-Fi. It only uses the 2.4 band for Wi-Fi connection. Question- Does the Nighthawk MR60 Guest Wi-Fi use the 2.4 Band?

Thanks for any help on this?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does Guest Wi-Fi use 2.4 Band?

I believe it can use both frequencies however that depends on if devices are 2.4Ghz only supporting or dual band supporting. If your device is only 2.4Ghz then it should connect fine. 

Message 2 of 4
Hawaiiboy
Aspirant

Thank you for yhe info. My weather station only accepts wi-fi onm the 2.4 band. It is not connecting. I've tried being near router, away from it, turning off satitlites etc. Does not connect. I read I could go into my router through my computers IP address and assign it 2.4. But for some reason, not able to log in and get to those settings. Thank you very much for your response. 🙂 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling the 5Ghz SSID broadcast on the MR router. Turn OFF the MS for now. 

I think others reported disabling MIMO feature as well helped. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings using a PC or laptop and web browser connected to the MRs web page. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7