Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Firmware update - Nighthawk MR60

ljcrompton
Aspirant

Firmware update - Nighthawk MR60

Hello,

I have had an email from Netgear telling me there is a new firmware update for my Nighthawk MR60 however when I go into the Nighthawk app to check for updates it says there are no updates available.

Any ideas?

I’m currently on Firmware version V1.1.6.122 however I believe the new version is 124.

How do I force through this update?
Message 1 of 3

Re: Firmware update - Nighthawk MR60

@ljcrompton wrote:
Hello,

I have had an email from Netgear telling me there is a new firmware update for my Nighthawk MR60 however when I go into the Nighthawk app to check for updates it says there are no updates available.

The on-board check for new firmware is unreliable. It can miss updates, especially when you are a long way behind the latest. It can also be a while before updates hit the automated update servers.

The best way to check is to visit the support pages for your device and to look at the library of available updates.

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and look for firmware for your device.

The release notes should also tell you how to manually update the firmware.

MR60 / MS60 Firmware Version 1.1.6.124 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Or read this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
ljcrompton
Aspirant

Re: Firmware update - Nighthawk MR60

Thanks Michael
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements