Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Have a Nighthawk X4 and trying to add Nighthawk Mesh. Possible?

miwitte
Aspirant

Have a Nighthawk X4 and trying to add Nighthawk Mesh. Possible?

I have a existing AC2400, and was told by Best buy I could mesh the new Nighhawk mesh system with it so I can roam and keep one SSID. I just bought the two pack and was under the assumption that it was two mesh extenders that connected to the X4 but appears to be a router and one mesh AP. It looks like I can set the Mesh router to AP mode and possibly connect to the existing X4, but I am pretty sure the roaming wont work properly. Also best buy only had the two pack and now looking around Amazon has a three pack with two mesh AP's which is what I was trying to do(one upstairs, one in back of house to extend outside for cameras and streaming by pool.) 

It does not appear that they sell another mesh AP, so I am wondering if I should just get the 3 pk off Amazon and return the 2 pk to best buy. Has anyone gotten the mesh router and AP to play nice with an existing X4 Nighthawk?

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7