Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Hidden Network Problem with Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System (AX1800)

BeefCowMoo
Initiate

Hidden Network Problem with Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System (AX1800)

I recently set up my Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System and it works perfectly fine with almost all of my devices. However, my laptop is the only thing that can't connect to the network because the network name doesn't show up on the network list. I've tried everything including restarting the router and modem as well as the laptop itself. The model of the laptop is an HP Envy Notebook. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Hidden Network Problem with Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System (AX1800)

Here once more, the notebook vendors and Windows Update are very poor in providing current Wi-Fi adapter drivers. Well known issues are with Intel WI-Fi adapters which require current drivers - read updates - to recognize Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) wireless networks. The easiest way to deal with the Intel drivers does start here -> Intel Driver & Support Assistant 

Not a Netgear issue - much more poor service by your notebook supplier. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Here once more, the notebook vendors and Windows Update are very poor in providing current Wi-Fi adapter drivers. Well known issues are with Intel WI-Fi adapters which require current drivers - read updates - to recognize Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) wireless networks. The easiest way to deal with the Intel drivers does start here -> Intel Driver & Support Assistant 

Not a Netgear issue - much more poor service by your notebook supplier. 

Message 2 of 3
BeefCowMoo
Initiate

Thank you so much! After following the link you sent, I was able to update my drivers and connect to the network.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7