× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

How to access internet in outdoor shed w/ Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

HYDiffer
Initiate

How to access internet in outdoor shed w/ Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Hi,

I'm converting an outdoor shed to a home office and wanted to know what the best way to get wifi out there is. Currently, I have a Netgear Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 router with 2 satellites and a CM1100 modem in the house. I tried bringing one of the satellites out to the shed (which has electricity and is about 50 feet from the main house) but didn't get a signal. I ran Cat6 direct burial ethernet cable from the house to the shed, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I'm a novice, so any input you have is appreciated! 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How to access internet in outdoor shed w/ Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

You should just be able to plug it in to the direct wired connection and be able to use it (might take a couple minutes to negotiate the wired connection backhaul)

https://kb.netgear.com/000061710/What-is-an-Ethernet-backhaul-connection-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-m...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You should just be able to plug it in to the direct wired connection and be able to use it (might take a couple minutes to negotiate the wired connection backhaul)

https://kb.netgear.com/000061710/What-is-an-Ethernet-backhaul-connection-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-m...

Message 2 of 3
HYDiffer
Initiate

This worked! Thank you very much for the reference.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7