× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Looking for a mesh system that has the robust features found in the Nighthwah x10 R9000

Mute1
Aspirant

Looking for a mesh system that has the robust features found in the Nighthwah x10 R9000

I currently have a Nighthawk X10 and it can't provide good sigal strength throughout my house which is about 4,000 square feet. I have started looking at mesh system to replace it but I am not finding many that provide the same depth of routing features I have come to appreciate in my X10. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Looking for a mesh system that has the robust features found in the Nighthwah x10 R9000

You could always leave the R9000 as router and add a mesh system and run it in access point mode. Then you retain the features of the R9000 with having the benefits of mesh. 

Just make sure to either disable wifi on the r9000 or have it on a different wireless channel from the mesh system to prevent interference. I usually just leave the wifi on with my router with it on a different channel and ssid and use it for backup or my IoT devices. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7