Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset - won't initially connect to internet

scoobasteve
Tutor

MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset - won't initially connect to internet

I can't perform a factory reset.  I've held the button in for over a minute and it still won't reset.  The LED light is flashing white the entire time.  Since it is not connected to the internet, I can't access the router web interface either.  I am still trying to initially set up my router.  I'm connecting to a Netgear AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C6250.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset - won't initially connect to internet

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Be sure your C series modem is in modem only mode. 

Disconnect the MR from the modem, then press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. You should be able to access the MRs web page at 192.168.1.1

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset - won't initially connect to internet

Be sure your C series modem is in modem only mode. 

Disconnect the MR from the modem, then press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. You should be able to access the MRs web page at 192.168.1.1

@scoobasteve wrote:

I can't perform a factory reset.  I've held the button in for over a minute and it still won't reset.  The LED light is flashing white the entire time.  Since it is not connected to the internet, I can't access the router web interface either.  I am still trying to initially set up my router.  I'm connecting to a Netgear AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C6250.  Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7