Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Network problems. IP confliction?

MattQ
Aspirant

MR60 Network problems. IP confliction?

I have tried connecting to my router multiple times through the app but it says it cannot be detected and even through routerlogin.net (and the ip addresses for it), It can't be accessed as it believes I am not connected to my WIFI's router. Also the IP address I can connect to is my AT&T modem. This problem does not allow me to connect to some devices like my console and chromecasts as it can find the network but can't connect. When it does connect, it disconnects the next day leaving it with the same problem. Factory resets have been tried multiple times to avail and the problem still exists.  

I have recently talked to support on routerloginnet.tips and the person I was in contact with, has said that something along the lines of my IP addresses can not communicate properly and thus needing a network technician to clean up my network. I would also like to know if this is actually the problem occuring.

I have a Mr60 Mesh router with two MS60 satellites that is 2 years old and on the firmware 1.1.6.122.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Network problems. IP confliction?

Ok. 

You should be able to access the MRs web page at 192.168.1.1 then on the PC that's connected in back of the MR. 

You might disconnect the MR from the ISP modem temporarily. Then factory reset the MR by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then give the MR a minute, then try 192.168.1.1 in a web browser. The setup wizard should appear with the Nighthawk app asking you to use it. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page and select the text that says I don't have a mobile device. This will start the web browser setup wizard.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so, Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.
https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode

Try option #2 first...

Message 2 of 9
MattQ
Aspirant

Sorry I should have mentioned that my Modem is already set to modem only and the router and wifi part disabled. The Modem is a BGW210-700

MattQ_1-1665077154870.png

MattQ_0-1665077037131.png
Also for these options that need me to login to routerlogin.net, I can't access that page as it redirects me here.

MattQ_2-1665077399701.png

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

With a wired PC connected to the MR, what is the IP address string the PC is seeing from the MR? 192.168.1.something? 

And you are sure the modem IS in full modem mode? 

Message 4 of 9
MattQ
Aspirant

Yes, the IP address is 192.168.1.something.
Also yes, I believe so that modem is in full modem mode. When I check my ISP's webpage for it, all signs point to it as I can see.

MattQ_0-1665078435199.png

MattQ_1-1665078454687.png

Also thanks for helping and sorry for these late responses 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. 

You should be able to access the MRs web page at 192.168.1.1 then on the PC that's connected in back of the MR. 

You might disconnect the MR from the ISP modem temporarily. Then factory reset the MR by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then give the MR a minute, then try 192.168.1.1 in a web browser. The setup wizard should appear with the Nighthawk app asking you to use it. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page and select the text that says I don't have a mobile device. This will start the web browser setup wizard.

Message 6 of 9
MattQ
Aspirant

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if this gets you in and fixes the problem. 

I would confirm that the modem is really in modem mode. From my limited knowledge with ATT modems is that they don't support modem mode unless they changed that in recent models. If the modem doesn't really support modem mode, then use the IP Pass thru feature seen for the MRs IP address it gets from the modem. 

Message 8 of 9
fiber30340
Aspirant

Ah.. it seems you have the BGW-210 from Att.. And I know why you encountering these  IP issues. I do want to ask, other than your Netgear router what else you have plugged in on your gateway (BGW210)? If you plan to use Netgear as your main wifi network then no devices need to be connected to your Gateway other than your Netgear and if you still have their legacy TV service ( I do) ,their IPTV cable boxes. If you plug any wired device into the gateway, then it will not be in the same subnet (local ip network) from your other devices that are part of netgear's network. 

The gateway by default uses the 192.168.1.0/24 network for devices connected to it. Which is why when you type 192.168.1.254 that takes you the BGW210 settings page. Netgear also uses that subnet when you are setting it up for the first time, that alone there causes netgear to change its ip address to avoid conflicts with the Gateway. 

Finally, if you intend to use netgear's features you will need to bridge the gateway. For this model, the setting is called IP passthrough. This link should help you 

https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-internet/KM1188700/

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7