Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 causing speed issue

kickns
Aspirant

MR60 causing speed issue

Ignore this.  problem seems to have sorted itself out.  Gotta love computers.

I have a Motorola Surfboard MB8600 modem hooked up to a MR60 with two MS60 satellites.  The netgear products are running the latest firmware 1.1.7.134.

this configuration has been running fine up till now.  I have noticed that my downlink speeds have really deteriorated lately.  I am paying for 1GB from Sparklight.  I have run tests with Sparklight and hooked my Mac laptop up directly to the modem.  I am getting consistent speeds over 900Mbps.

However, when I hook my MR60 to the modem, and run the MR60's embedded Speediest, I am getting less than 100 Mbps.  And the download arrow on the modem is blinking blue (instead of solid blue).  The manufacturer claims that this means the download is trying to negotiate a second channel.  This blinking only occurs when I have the MR60 attached.  

Anyone got any ideas on why the router would be causing this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kickns
Aspirant

I really didn't do anything specific except to unplug and reboot things.  I thought it might have been my Apple Time Capsule causing the issue but can't confirm that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Happen to how it got fixed? 

Did you do anything to resolve it? 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 4
kickns
Aspirant

I really didn't do anything specific except to unplug and reboot things.  I thought it might have been my Apple Time Capsule causing the issue but can't confirm that.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

OK, well, glad it's working again. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation