Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 will not connect to internet unless directly connected to back of ISP modem/router

LUFTSAS
Follower

MR60 will not connect to internet unless directly connected to back of ISP modem/router

New MR60 w/satellites.  I've tried w/two different ISP's modem/routers (Arris TG3452 and ASUS T-Mobile CellSpot) (long story, but I have both active in the house right now).  MR60 will go blue light, w/internet access if I connect directly to the back of either router, but not if I connect through Cat 5/6 (I think it's 5 in the wall), though I've verified the in-wall w/a channel tester.  PS - I also know the in-wall is good, because I'm using it right now, on this computer, and getting 300Mbps down. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 will not connect to internet unless directly connected to back of ISP modem/router

Some devices are more tolerant of sketchy cables/punch pins than others. If it works directly connected but not when running through your wall plates, something is wrong with the walls plates. It might be good enough for a computer that has the ability to compensate but evidently not for the router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7