× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 won't connect to internet or wifi devices after power outage

rrowe3
Follower

MR60 won't connect to internet or wifi devices after power outage

My MR60 router will not reconnect to the internet after a power outage.  It is connected to an Arris Surfboard SB8200.  The modem connection is verified directly and at the ethernet cable connecting to the router.  Orange light, not connection.  Multiple resets of both devices, no connection.  Occasionally this will connect, but usually I have to do a factory reset and set the modem up again.  This happens every time the power goes.  Pretty much makes this a useless product since if I am not home, the others in my family can't all be expected to be able to factory reset a router and run through its setup.

Firmware is up to date.

Message 1 of 2

Re: MR60 won't connect to internet or wifi devices after power outage

@rrowe3 wrote:

My MR60 router will not reconnect to the internet after a power outage.  It is connected to an Arris Surfboard SB8200. 

That looks like a standard cable modem, with no router bit to get in the way.

The first thing to check after a power cut is the order in which the network restarts.

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. If that happens, the router can time out waiting for an Internet connection.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7