Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR70-MS70

Nick22
Aspirant

MR70-MS70

I'm working for a call center & we have 2 MR70 with 2 MS70 & about 60 computers. Our internet comes into & connects to 1 of the MR70 & have a line running to the other MR70. We are running a very fast fiber line about 300mbps & when all computers are running & on calls the internet speed gets very slow like congested. My question is can these routers handle this amount of clients.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR70-MS70

https://kb.netgear.com/24043/How-many-WiFi-client-devices-can-my-NETGEAR-router-support

However if all running and doing something, streaming, surfing and such. You may see lag. If your doing this and more, you may need to see a better class router with more client side handling capabilities. Nighthawk MESH is mostly a home class system with typical clients of 30-40. 

Message 2 of 10

@Nick22 wrote:

I'm working for a call center & we have 2 MR70 with 2 MS70 & about 60 computers.

Both fed from the same modem/router/ONT? 

60 computers hardly qualifies as a domestic network of the sort that the MR70 is designed to support.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

why are you running consumer gear in a business environment? 

Who's managing your IT department? 

Message 4 of 10
Nick22
Aspirant

I inherited this position from another. Things were bad but getting better. I'm updating the system. 

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Nick22 wrote:

I inherited this position from another. Things were bad but getting better. I'm updating the system. 

Message 6 of 10
Nick22
Aspirant

Yes I got the routers separated & things are working much better. We will be upgrading in the future as we are getting quotes for a better system. Thanks

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 10
Nick22
Aspirant

Is MU-MIMO really worth turning on. I'm getting mixed feelings about turning on the option from what I read. OFDMA is on & BEAMFORMING is also on. With the amount of computers on the system (just about 30 each). Just looking for suggestions. Thanks

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd base your feelings on weather it works or not for you. Try it out and if it's doesn't work or make it better you can disable it. MIMO is mainly for devices that have MIMO support. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7