Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MS70 - constant orange (amber?) light flashing / cannot factor reset

glenintenn
Aspirant

MS70 - constant orange (amber?) light flashing / cannot factor reset

I have an MR70 and MS70.  Router comes up fine... firmware updated.  I don't think the Satellite ever updated as I didn't understand when I first logged in that "UPLOAD" would autoupdate the router... 

I've never been able to sync the satellite and now the satellite flashes orange in spite of reset, wait 2 minutes, power off... the flashing orange is not interrupted by the reset. 

Is there some way to get connected to the satellite before it starts flashing orange to factory reset it .. maybe with base flash setup so I can sort of "start over" with it? 

TIA. 

Message 1 of 4
glenintenn
Aspirant

MS70 amber (orange?) light flashing / cannot factory reset

I have an MR70 and MS70.  Router comes up fine... firmware updated.  I don't think the Satellite ever updated as I didn't understand when I first logged in to the router that "UPLOAD" would autoupdate the router... 

The satellite sync'd once... then the router rebooted and I've never been able to sync the satellite again.  The satellite flashes orange in spite of reset, wait 2 minutes, power off... the flashing orange is not interrupted by the reset. Have tried 30 second reset button push with satellite off... no impact. 

Is there some way to get connected to the satellite before it starts flashing orange to factory reset it .. maybe with base flash setup so I can sort of "start over" with it? 

TIA. 

Message 2 of 4
glenintenn
Aspirant

Re: MS70 amber (orange?) light flashing / cannot factory reset

never mind. returning it. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: MS70 amber (orange?) light flashing / cannot factory reset

have you tried hardwiring the satellite into the router and syncing it?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7