Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Mesh won’t load websites on iOS

MarkHalley7
Tutor

Mesh won’t load websites on iOS

We have a Mesh MR60 (router firmware v1.1.6.122) getting 600MBPS speeds to the house via cable (connected to a CM1100 modem). iPhones on iOS 15.3.1 will frequently not be able to load webpages when on the Mesh wifi, but switching to cell service instantly load those same pages. What’s up with the NETGEAR wifi service?
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Mesh won’t load websites on iOS

1. do you have IPv6 enabled? 

2. is random mac/private IP enabled on the iOS devices? (try disabling it)

Message 2 of 7
MarkHalley7
Tutor

Thanks, plemans, for the reply. I tried turning-off the Private IP, but there was no difference in the iPhone behavior. And I'm not techy enough to know how to turn-off IPv6, but initial research online says that may not be a good option to take.

Any other thoughts? Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

I meant to make sure ipv6 enabled. Its disabled by default. 

Did you try going into the iphone and forgetting the network settings and reconnecting them? 

Message 4 of 7
MarkHalley7
Tutor

Hi plemans, I reset my network settings on the phone, but no luck. Certain webpages are still refusing to load. Some load quickly, some still slowly but the eventuality get there, others start to load but never finish. Even to open this community forum page I had to turn-off wifi…loading via cell service works great, just can’t get it on wifi.
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

did you try IPv6? 

Or a different dns provider? You can try googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4? 

Message 6 of 7
MarkHalley7
Tutor

Thanks again for your suggestions! In looking at the DNS details, I forgot I had Netgear’s Armor VPN installed. I tried turning it off, but it kept turning back on automatically. But I have another one by BitDefender that I could switch to. That switch has made the difference….most webpages are loading instantly now via wifi. Interestingly, this NETGEAR Community forum still wouldn’t load via wifi, I had to switch to cell service only….nice. I wish NETGEAR would fix their products to play nicely with wifi.

At any rate, plemans, it looks like my main concern has been addressed. Thx for your help!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7