Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk AX3000 can't connect after power goes out and comes back

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk AX3000 can't connect after power goes out and comes back

Every time the power goes out and comes back I'm experiencing the same issue, none of my devices can connect and I need to power off and on the router. This is very annoying especially because I have cameras that appear offline every moment there is a power outage.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk AX3000 can't connect after power goes out and comes back

Never mind, found the solution.

I disconnected the device and threw it in the trash, garbage service should take care of the rest 😂. Google smart mesh is working flawlessly, did a couple of test and everithing just works without any mess. Thank you very much for your time!

Also whenever I turned on qos the device started diconnecting devices, when I tried to access a connected device from the list by clicking on it the device screen displayed other random device, not the one selected on the list. Just a note for future references.

Thank you again, have a great day.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? Some are more critical of the reboot timing.

If thats the case, a cheap UPS might be a good idea for the modem/router

Message 2 of 8

@plemans wrote:

Some are more critical of the reboot timing.

To add to this, I saw exactly this phenomenon when I had a D6400 DSL modem/router on bridge mode. The modem took too so long to connect that the R7800 router behind it timed out while the modem was connecting.

In your case, you are talking about an AX3000. Which one?

AX3000 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the quick responses.

The router is a MR60 with 2 satellites connected to a Nokia beacon 1 with wifi disabled. The MR60 is connected to a Battery backup.

Just now the power went out for like 3 seconds and none of the devices was able to connect again, even when the router has its dedicated battery.
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

The nokia is its own router And disabling its wifi doesn't disable its routing capability. It leaves you in a double nat.

Do you have the MR60 in access point mode? Or the MR60's ip address entered into the nokia's DMZ?

Not sure why you're running the nokia beacon 1 as its just a router from what I could tell. It doesn't have an ONT/modem/etc. 

Is it something required from your ISP? And what does it connect to? 

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Then Nokia its a modem it connects to the ISP antena, its lan port its connected to the MR60’s internet port to provide internet to the mesh.

Default setup, only thing is that I disabled the modem’s wifi since tats the mesh purpose, provide wifi to an extended area that the modem can’t reach.
Message 6 of 8

@Retired_Member wrote:
Then Nokia its a modem it connects to the ISP antena...

Does it have a model number?

Is it a device that connects to the mobile/cell network?

Those "modem/hotspots" come in various forms, with and without any router features.

Netgear makes various models. The conversations in the section where they discuss these show that they are not the easiest things to set up with a router. Cable, DSL and ONT devices are much simpler.

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Never mind, found the solution.

I disconnected the device and threw it in the trash, garbage service should take care of the rest 😂. Google smart mesh is working flawlessly, did a couple of test and everithing just works without any mess. Thank you very much for your time!

Also whenever I turned on qos the device started diconnecting devices, when I tried to access a connected device from the list by clicking on it the device screen displayed other random device, not the one selected on the list. Just a note for future references.

Thank you again, have a great day.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7