× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Extender 7300 - Ethernet Issues.

URon8219
Aspirant

Nighthawk Extender 7300 - Ethernet Issues.

I figured I would post here to see if anyone might have a possible answer.  

I set up the Nighthawk Extender in my homes back bedroom and used the One Wifi to create the mesh system in my house.  It worked fine for my phone, as I traveled around the house it seemed like it would jump from the main router to the extender and back.  Here is a brief description of the layout of where things are located in the house.

- The main router is located in a finish basement room in a split entery house.  It has an ethernet cable that runs from the router to a personal computer I built years ago.  Also in this room is the wireless laptop that I use now since I've been working from home.

- The extender is located in bedroom furthest away from the home and has a green light showing excellent/good connectivity.  Everything seemed to be working fine.  (Just connected it yesterday)

Description of the problem:

This morning, I tried to use my laptop to connect to the internet in the finished basement.  It was super slow but eventually went on, I figured it was still trying to reach the extender on the 5g network since it is on One Wifi.  While annoying (as the main router is literally 6 feet from it) I can sort of understand that.  

***What I cannot wrap my head around is why the main computer that is connected to the main router by a cable, also acted as if there was no internet.  ***

I went upstairs, took the extender and unplugged it from the outlet.  Which shut it off.  Then, my laptop was fast and working fine and the interenet to the PC came back to life. 

I have no idea why the PC wouldn't connect to the internet.  I'm not sure if anyone would have an idea?  

I guess my next step is to make the extender a separate SSID name so that i can bump my laptop off of trying to reach it.  However, i'm not sure if that would affect the ethernet line.

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
URon8219
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Extender 7300 - Ethernet Issues.

Strangely, I ended up plugging the Extender back into the outlet in the bedroom and everything seems to be working as normal now.  Even on One WiFi.  Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7