× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 Disconnecting linked devices

Definitely123
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR60 Disconnecting linked devices

My MR60 with one satellite will be connected fine to interior camera (baby monitor) and other devices on my house. The camera will all of a sudden disconnect, and in order for me to have it work again i have to reset the nighthawks. The wifi and everything else still work, it just essentially “kicks off” certain devices.
Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Disconnecting linked devices

@Definitely123 wrote:
The camera will all of a sudden disconnect, and in order for me to have it work again i have to reset the nighthawks. The wifi and everything else still work, it just essentially “kicks off” certain devices.

How is the camera connected to the satellite? Wired or wifi?

How did you work out that the satellite is responsible for kicking off devices? Any chance that it is the camera that is losing the connection.

You mention "certain devices". Does that mean that everything else stays connected? That would suggest that it is a device thing rather than the satellite.

When you say you have to "reset the nighthawks", is that reset as in "factory reset" or reboot as in power off and on?

I have found that a satellite reboot can sometimes recover lost connections.

What firmware version do you have on the MK62 devices?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 6
Definitely123
Aspirant

Everything is Wi-Fi. I don’t know whether it’s the satellite or the modem itself… I tried to reconnect both baby cameras, and it’s almost like it rejects it. It’s almost like it is blocking it once I reboot everything , as in unplug and reset it l, the cameras connect again.. until it happens again in a couple of days where it rejects everything including remote, smart lights, and basically any new device I try to connect to it.
Message 3 of 6

@Definitely123 wrote:
It’s almost like it is blocking it once I reboot everything , as in unplug and reset it l...

That sentences is hard to follow.

By "blocking it once I reboot everything" should that be "blocking it until I reboot everything"?

Is that in "unplug and reboot" or are you using the reset button on the back?

Reset has  a specific meaning in router talk.

And the other questions? They are there for a reason.

Message 4 of 6
Definitely123
Aspirant

Sorry for the confusion I did a reboot from the Nighthawk app.
Message 5 of 6

@Definitely123 wrote:
Sorry for the confusion I did a reboot from the Nighthawk app.

Good to rule out the reset. That is really drastic and isn't something you want to do often.

How about the rest of my message?

What firmware version do you have on the MK62 devices?

What is he make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7