Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites not working normally with any update after V1.0.6.116

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites not working normally with any update after V1.0.6.116

hello , im using Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites from two yers , my Nighthawk not working normally with any version after V1.0.6.116 ,

. Devices not connected to wifi after update

. or connected few minutes and return to disconnect

I tried this versions

Version 1,1,6,124

Version 1,1,6,122

Version 1,1,6,124

Version 1,1,7,132

I tried erase setting but same issue

Anyone have an idea to solve my problem ?

Message 1 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites not working normally with any update after V1.0.6.116

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

Please try v.134:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-6-AX-Mesh/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-7-134-...

Manually download the files and use a wired PC and web browser to update the MS first then the MR lastly using there web pages. After FW is loaded and the system is back to ready, power OFF then back ON then factory reset the MR and setup from scratch. 

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Message 2 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites not working normally with any update after V1.0.6.116

tried Version 1.1.7.134 same issue
When downgraded version to V1.0.6.116 and it works perfectly
Message 3 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give more details of "not working normally with any update after V1.0.6.116"

What are you seeing and explain what is happening. 

Message 4 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have 20 wifi devices , after the update some devices not connect to wifi ( amazon dot , xiaomi ceiling light ) ,

some devices ( iPhone , MacBook , Samsung tv ) connect few minutes and return to disconnect

The device keeps trying to connect to the network but does not connect

Message 5 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.️
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

What channels are you using? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

How is advanced wifi configured on the MR? 

Are you factory resetting the system and setting up from scratch after last FW update attempt? 

Message 6 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

internet Service Provider pppoe

LAN cable CAT6

39 fet almost ( All devices are not more than 9 feet away from the router or satellite )

one or two wifi neighbors 

yes i factory resetting the system and setting up after updateScreenshot 2023-01-10 at 10.32.28 PM.png

Message 7 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

And you did update the MS first before the MR right? 

How many MS do you have deployed? 

So 39 feet between the MR and MS? 

Lets try changing to channel 1 and 40 on the MR. 

Also lets set 40Mhz co-existence only on the MR under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Be sure that Beamforming and MiMo are enabled here as well.

There a brand and model# of the ISP modem that the MR is connected too? 

Message 8 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi
- Now i updated to 134
- Update MS first and MR
- erase the configuration settings
Same problem ( 2 Samsung tv , amazon Dot , MacBook , xiaomi ceiling light ) not connect
tried
- Change channel to 2/36
- Change channel 1/40
Same problem
- tried reboot ( MS disconnect )
- The failed attempts took 3 hours, in which I tried more than one method, but to no avail
- downgraded to V1.0.6.116 ( All devices are back connected normally)
Message 9 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You can view this PDF file
Message 10 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

How many MS do you have deployed? 

So 39 feet between the MR and MS? 

Have you tried changing the SSID name from the default to some thing else. Something custom? 

Message 11 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

1 MS
My home 450 Ft
I tried change SSID but same problem
I tried create customize wifi and same problem
Message 12 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok well for that size of home, not sure if the MS would be needed. The MR can cover more then that. 

Did you try with out the MS connected? 

You might open a support ticket with NG support and let them know about this as well. 

Message 13 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok , thanks 🙏
Message 14 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

Message 15 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I created a ticket yesterday, but no response yet

Message 16 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Please avoid posting any MAC addresses or product serial numbers in public forums for security reason. Edit those out before posting. Keep on them. May take some time so be patient. 

Use what works best for now. 

I'll pass this on to NG as well.

@DarrenM @KevinLiT 

Message 17 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It seems that I am unable to open a case due to the end of the support period
Message 18 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll pass this on to NG for review.

Message 19 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

@Retired_Member 

Please send @DarrenM a PM and your information and serial number if your system and also include this post thread. 

Message 20 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok
Message 21 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi sir , hello , im using Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Wifi routers/satelites from two yers , my Nighthawk not working normally with any version after V1.0.6.116 ,
. Devices not connected to wifi after update
. or connected few minutes and return to disconnect
I tried this versions
. 1.1.6.124
. 1.1.6.122
. 1.1.6.124
. 1.1.7.132
. 1.1.7.134
I tried erase setting but same issue
Do you have an idea or solution for this

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-6-AX-Mesh/Nighthawk-MR60-Mesh-Wifi-routers-satelite...

Message 22 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to send @DarrenM < a Private message by selecting his user name and going to his profile and select Send Message and send him a message there. Don't start a new forum thread post. 

Message 23 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I haven't received a response yet!
Message 24 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

😔😔😔😔😔
Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7