× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh 6 Mk3 Router and Satellites Won't Sync

davenakamura
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh 6 Mk3 Router and Satellites Won't Sync

After an internet hang up, I unpowered by cable modem, the Mk 60 mesh router and two satellites.  I powered up the modem and once all it's status lights were lit normally, I powered up the router.  After a little while, the status light turned blue.   I went upstairs to one satellite unit and plugged it in, and waited.  After a little while the light turned amber/reddish.  I then went to the router, pushed the sync button, the went the satellite unit and pushed it's sync button.  After a little while the router light turned blue, the satellite blinked white at first, then turned amber/reddish.  I tried the same steps with my other satellite unit with the same results.  I repeated this process three times with the same results, router with blue light, satellites with amber/reddish.

I then went to the Netgear app on my phone, and tried to add the satellite but the app returned a message that it couldn't find any satellite.  At this stage, resorted to selecting the reset buttons on the routers and satellites and went through the same steps, restarted router, then selected sync, selected sync on the satellite units.  Still nothing.  Any clues how to get things synced again would be appreciated.  I have a separate WiFi source detection app.  It shows all three units and the signal strength from the 6 channels.  So the units are doing something but are apparently not synced.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh 6 Mk3 Router and Satellites Won't Sync

Try connecting the satellites hardwired into the router and sync them. 

What firmware is on the router? 

What firmware is on the satellite. 

Message 2 of 3
Cardinal56
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk Mesh 6 Mk3 Router and Satellites Won't Sync

I had the same issue where two of my three satellites would turn blue. I hardwried them to the router as recommended and it worked a treat. Thank you so much. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7